Philosophy and Objectives
As a Catholic Institution, Manresa School aims to collaborate actively in the Church’s mission of evangelization and social transformation. Through catechesis and integral education (Integration of faith and life) the school continuously works for the education of the “whole person” and the proclamation of the Christian concept of person, life and the world. (Article 10 – 11, OCWE)
In keeping with its vision-mission, Manresa School aims:
a. to become a Christian community of believers and create an atmosphere wherein the students can easily:
1. grow in their love for Jesus and acquire the Gospel values that He himself taught and lived;
2. grow in commitment to their Christian faith by practicing social justice and being in solidarity with the poor;
3. acquire to the fullest a personality emulating Mary’s virtues of simplicity, humility, purity, honesty and service.
b. to become a center for learning in which educators are active agents of change. By their scholarship and witness of life especially in dedication and service they challenge their students to:
1. strive for academic excellence by utilizing their God-given talents and potentials;
2. learn to use their freedom with responsibility;
3. form the habits of self-discipline, intellectual concentration and critical judgment before diverse forms of propaganda and counter Gospel values;
c. to become a micro-society of which teachers and parents are the adult models.